Sunday, July 22, 2007

I am so Sad...


I have a very strained relationship with my brother. He is my oldest brother. The one who always looked out for me and stuck up for me against the other two brothers growing up. Things became difficult during a very important time in his life. I thought we had burried the problem and chose to move on so we can at least have a relationship. Our boys are only months apart and I have a neice I have seen twice. I am always including them in my family doings only to be ignored. There is no respect there. What makes it difficult is they choose to see other family members without making the time for my family. I never would have expected life to turn out this way. I always thought at least we would have family. As much as I tell myself, I am not going to let it bother me...it does. It is very sad to say, my kids don't know their cousins, and I am not so sure I know my brother anymore. I will continue to make the effort, and hope that the hurt goes away, or maybe just maybe they will realize how important family really is.

6 comments:

Just Me said...

Hoopy - I'm sorry that your brother is hurting your feelings...sometimes it takes people longer to get over something. We get so engrossed in our anger that we truly lose focus of what is important. :hug:

Everlasting Monday said...

:hug:
I'm so sorry. It makes me sad that some people have a hard time realizing the importance of family.

Parkie said...

I hope he wakes up one day!

Everlasting Monday said...

I just realized that the bride does not look too happy right there!!

Jeanne said...

:hug:

tigger said...

Awww!! :hug: I just saw this...

I know how you feel.. and I know it hurts.