Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Eat, Love,Pray

This book has been mind opening, heart opening and just spiritually opening for me. I am relating to the author in so many ways. I feel like she wrote it for me. Now, She divorced her husband...I am not divorcing mine, and she took off for Italy...though that would be nice, that's not happening either. She is however dealing with some very similar issues. The things she says to herself, I can hear my own mind telling me. I can already see change in my life since I have started reading this book. I almost don't want to stop reading it...I don't want to run out of pages. It was the first time last night during yoga when it came time to meditate that I wasn't looking around the room unable to relax and concentrate on my minds eye. I have been sleeping soundly and waking feeling great ready to start my day...to accomplish. Even a small calmness came over me when dealing with my oldest on an issue that is very difficult right now. I found the right words to help her understand...it's taken 1 1/2 years to convince her she needs CCD. To show her that she can get something worth while out of it even if it's not what they want her to get from it. So for this I am so greatful to my friend who gave me this book to read. I am not sure she even knew how inspiring this book would be for me, but I do believe it was meant to be.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

i loved your response!!!

Just Me said...

Hoopy....that is so awesome!